Monday, January 17, 2011

The Good Life

10 days. Really Conrad? Come on. haha
Well, nothing much has really happened. I finally feel like I'm living my life with the right priorities, though. School has been good without being too overwhelming. I've been eating whatever I want and not thinking twice about it. Running is going better. Still not where I want to be, but at least I'm seeing progress. 2 Saturdays ago, we ran a 4 mile time trial that I did in 22:10. Not good. That was all I could have done. On Saturday though I kept that pace for 7 miles! Sounds like improvement to me! Then today, I did 90 minutes averaging 6:29 pace and go about 14 miles in. That's the longest and fastest I've gone in a long time! It felt so good to be running with the guys.. doing exactly what they're doing and not feeling like absolute crap. However, a tendon on my left leg that has been bothering me hurt pretty bad when I finished and I can still feel how tight it is.. so I'm a little worried about tomorrow's run, but it should b fine! And if it's not, whatever.
My walk of faith is growing stronger every day. I'm still on track to read The Bible in a year. Some of this Old Testament is a little boring, but my Bible has some life lesson sections so I'm still learning things or being reminded of things in most cases. I read all of Job for the first time. Definitely very interesting to read about all the adversity he faced and learning how God will be there for me throughout all adversity and won't give me anything I can't handle and I just need to wait it out and trust him. This is exactly what I'm doing with running adversities right now. And so far, so good. I went to church Sunday. Wasn't crazy about the sermon, but I'm proud of myself for going and I'm definitely going more than I did last semester.
LIFE IS GOOD

No comments:

Post a Comment