Thursday, July 21, 2011

48 hours from Hell

So... last weekend was ridiculous!
Last week's mileage was 75 which is pretty close to if not the highest mileage I've ever done in a week! And boy was I tired by the end.

So Wednesday night I probably got my usual 5-6 hours of sleep (not enough). I woke up at 5:30 to do my 6 miles. I finished the final season of 24 :( I took about a 3 hour nap. Then I had another 4 mile run at about 3:30 in the afternoon. Of course it was about 105 degrees. ugh. Then I got ready and went into work. 5-close. I work at a local movie theater and of course we did a midnight show for Harry Potter. We sold out of 9 screens. That's over 1600 people. Needless to say it was absolutely ridiculous. It started out not so bad, but by 10:30 we were getting dominated in the concession stand. I had to get off my register and start doing all the things that needed to be done for the people taking orders. We were running out of popcorn, drink cups, pretzels, hot dogs, lids.. pretty much everything in that concession stand was running low. As a supervisor, it's my job to make sure that everything is stocked and we don't run out. When we're that busy, that means running around the place doing 3892053 different things. I saw some friends there, but there was no way I could stop and talk.

This isn't even that good of a picture to describe it. 
I guess it was lines about that long all night.. but towards the end it was so crowded you couldn't see the floor like that. It was packed in there. 

Sometime around 11:00, I remember thinking we still have 1 more hour before the movie starts and everyone will just go sit still. I was sweating really bad because I was running around.. it was really bad and I felt so gross at the end of the night. Also, around 11:00, our drink machine stopped working in out main concession stand. Couldn't fill people's cups up. Do you know how bad that is? Out of 1600+ people, just imagine how many wanted a drink.. I'm just glad I wasn't on the register having to tell people they weren't working. We opened our side concession stands, but they don't have all the drinks the main ones do.. plus it's just real inconvenience. Oh well. There was nothing else we could do. Finally about 10 after midnight we stopped getting customers. I've seriously never experienced anything like that in my 4 years of working there. After all the people stopped coming, it was time to close down. For me, that means counting all of the items we sell. Yeah, we do inventory every night. It sucks. We were finally done around 1:30, but my manger needed some people to stay until the movie got out to help collect 3D glasses and clean the theaters a little.. at least pick up drinks and buckets of popcorn.
I didn't leave until 2:45ish.

At this point I knew that if I wanted to wake up and do my 10 miles at 5:30.. I most likely would not wake up with only like 2 and a half hours of sleep.. so I just decided to go ahead and run. I ran from about 3:00-4:00 in the morning. It was actually a really good run, I was just super tired. I got in bed at about 5:30 AM and slept till around 10:30. I had to be at work Friday at 12. I worked for 12 hours Friday. It was miserable. 12 pm to 12 am. I was so tired of the place by the end of the day. I almost quit twice that day. The managers were just being real bitches *excuse my language haha. But I work my ass off for that place.. and especially was this weekend. I was doing everything I could and better than anyone else up there can. So to be given the attitude I was or treated the way they were treating me did not go over well with me. Also.. the stupid high schoolers I work with like to talk trash behind my back for some reason.. They're so dumb and I was not in the mood to deal with their shit while working a double. By the end of the day, I was just thinking "why have I worked my ass of for a place for 4 years in a supervisor position only getting minimum wage?!?! walk out now and see how much better you'll feel and how shocked everyone will be" It certainly would have made a statement.. but in all actuality I love that place. I love the people and they love me.. we were just all having a really long and hard weekend. I'm going to be getting free movies for the rest of my life.. soooo I can handle a few rough weekends I guess.

Well, I got off at midnight and slept till about 5:30 before I had to get up and going for my long run. 15 miles. I started off not really knowing if I could physically do it. My legs and whole body actually was just so tired. After about 2-3 miles I was just thinking "you still have 12-13 left.. ahhhhhh" When I finally got to the half way mark.. I was so relieved.. except I knew I had to push myself harder the second half to get the quality run in I wanted. Surprisingly, I was feeling really strong the last 7 miles and it wound up being a really good run. Sooooo anyway, those 2 days just sucked all around.
Work wasn't too bad Saturday or Sunday because everyone had seen Harry Potter by that time.

I've been meaning to do this post all week.. but I've just been busy. This has been a really good week! I'll try to post again during the weekend with an update on this week because I'm in Starkville visiting my amazing girlfriend and it's been awesome so far sooooo I'll talk about that in the next post!

We're almost to the weekend. We can make it! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment