Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Home Sweet Home

I have been home for 6 days now and haven't gotten to write on here. Horrible. Well, not much has really been happening. I still haven't been able to run or anything for that matter. Yesterday was the first day I've exercised in over a week and it felt so good. 30 minutes on the elliptical. I felt so out of shape. My legs were burning and every rotation I was scared how my back would feel. It started to hurt after 25 minutes so I stopped at 30. All last night and today the muscle that I guess spasmed has been very sore. It's not painful at all so today I went for 45 minutes and a lot faster. I plan on running later because my back doesn't hurt at all. I can run through soreness. I just don't want to over do it and the pain spread to my IT band and then down my leg like it did the last day I ran. It was so painful and set me even further behind. I want to just be normal and run again! I'm so close, I can feel it. Also, I just remembered we're having a time trial when we get back from Christmas and I don't think I will be in too great of shape to run the minimum requirement which means I won't get all the gear. This will be very frustrating. Anyways, Im getting better and that's all that matters.

I'm already ready to go back to Starkville though. I love it so much there. I miss my friends. I miss the freedom. I miss the training. I miss the stupid dorm. I miss not having junk food in front of my face all the time. I miss not working. I miss having a trainer to keep me healthy. I even miss the school work a little. It kept me busy.

I finished reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. It was so good! I used to love that movie, but I just watched it after reading the book and that was the first time I have ever liked a book more than a movie. I was critiquing every aspect of the movie and it just was not as good as I remembered it. I've started the second book and hopefully after today I'll be half way through it. I'm obsessed.

Being home means I have to work. Well, not have to I guess, but I want to. I hate spending money at school without having any income. However, work is not as much fun as I left it. All the new people suck. They are so annoying and I don't have any good friends to talk to. Even if I did though, what would we talk about? I feel like all I know how to talk about these days is running which is so unhealthy. I really need to venture out. Anyways, hopefully it gets better, or my outlook on things change or something.

My sister just had an interview trying to get into the PT school here in Memphis. She's freaking out about not getting in and it has hit me that I will be in the same position in a very short 3 years or less hopefully. What if my plan for life doesn't work out because I can't get into Dental School. Then what? It's so weird to think about. I'm going to be in the real world. On my own. Paying taxes and bills. This makes me more determined than ever to keep my 4.0. I need everything I can possibly do to be perfect so that when I look back, I can say I did everything in my power to do what was needed to get into Dental School.

My girlfriend is doing just as great as ever! I love her so much and I'm so proud of her for everything she has accomplished. I learn a lot from her whether she knows it or not. 

My sister also told me a new website to download music for free! It's so awesome! and I suppose it's legal. I mean, you don't have to sign up or download any program. You just go to the website - http://www.listentoyoutube.com You take the URL of a youtube video you like and then turn it to an mp3. It goes straight to your Itunes. Check it out. It's super easy and awesome.

I guess I've typed quite a bit. Hopefully it won't take me 6 more days before I get to write again.

No comments:

Post a Comment